Security Sector Reform Project launches in Tunisia
DEM´ new project assisting the Ministry of Interior in Tunisia to reform its Security Sector
The project will have an overall duration of 42 months, and will be concerned with reforming and modernising the security sector within the country. Given the security situation and the emerging and persistent threat of terrorism within the region, this project comes at a particularly important time for the country.
DEM´ Expert Team will be providing technical assistance in the following areas:
- Securing land and sea borders;
- Combating cross-border crime and terrorism;
- Consolidating the legislative framework on the fight against terrorism and its funding channels;
- Strengthening and modernising equipment and structures;
- Integrating human rights and working on the abolition of all practices contrary to these rights.